B.L. Harbert International is looking for a Facility Maintenance Coordinator to work in our Birmingham, Alabama office. This individual would report to the Director of Mechanical and Director of Electrical. This position will have responsibilities in Birmingham, Alabama, as well support our international project sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee facility maintenance activities, to include maintaining the grounds, facilities, and equipment
- Oversee and maintain grounds including but not limited to: watering plants, cleaning outside fountain, debris removal from onsite creek
- Oversee vendor deliveries
- Assist in setting up rooms for company functions
- Help in moving furniture as it pertains to company functions and office updates
- Perform other duties, including special projects, as assigned
- Physical Demands: Some light lifting may be required (50 lbs), walking, standing, sitting, keyboarding, writing and reading.
- Environmental Conditions: Some work performed in a controlled indoor environment as well as frequent job site visits and is subject to hot, cold, humid and wet conditions depending on location
- Location City
- State or Region
- United States
- Education/Experience: Minimum high school diploma/GED.
- 2+ years directly related experience in one or all of the following disciplines: Environmental, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, or Fire Protection maintenance experience. Certifications and formal training preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have very good people skills and the ability to work with people at all levels within the company. Ability to use Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required. Must be able to perform at a high level under minimal supervision. Possess the ability to multitask. Ability to lead and motivate in a variety of different situations. Must possess a detailed understanding of construction processes.
- Job Group