B.L. Harbert International is looking for a Finance and Administration Manager to work on projects in various locations overseas. The Finance and Administration Manager will report to the onsite Project Manager with a “dotted line” reporting relationship to an International Vice President.
- All accounting and related control activities for the established foreign subsidiary, including the reporting of monthly accounting transactions to the U.S. office using Timberline Accounting software
- All human resource and payroll activities at the foreign location to support a local workforce of several hundred employees
- Monthly U.S. and third country national payroll information to the U.S. office
- Audit and tax reporting for the local subsidiary
- Verification and maintenance of monthly actual cost reports including both local and U.S. cost data
- Monthly project cost forecasting, including preparation and maintenance of monthly project budget reports in liaison with the Project Manager
- All local banking and finance activities, including coordination with U.S. office regarding projected cash flows, local cash requirements, foreign currency issues, etc.
- General office administration, including supervision of all local office support staff.
- Establishment and maintenance over all local purchase activities, including purchase of local subcontracts, materials, supplies and equipment
- Coordination with U.S. office regarding procurement and shipping of materials and supplies purchased in the U.S.
- Life support for all U.S. and third country national employees, including housing, transportation, etc.
- Communication with local U.S. Embassy regarding customs clearance of goods imported for project, work permits for U.S. and third country national staff, required security clearances, etc.
- Coordination with all applicable local government bodies regarding permits, required licenses, payroll and other taxes, etc.
- Location City
- Various Locations, Overseas
- Availability to relocate overseas to work on projects for 2-4 years
- 5+ years of direct accounting experience and/or Certified Public Account degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
PreferencesPrior experience in construction and/or Embassy experience
- Job Group