B.L. Harbert International, LLC is currently seeking Riggers for the new project at Mercedes.
- Location City
- State or Region
- United States
- General Summary of Duties:
Plan, lay-out, install all necessary rigging components for lifting and installing equipment, machinery, pipe, steel, etc., in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards. Work in other crafts at levels appropriate to training and skills as requested by supervision. Position will report to manager as assigned by B.L. Harbert International Superintendent.
Essential Abilities, Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned as required):
- With regard to that portion of the work assigned, develop complete understanding of contract plans and specifications and plan, lay-out, and install equipment, machinery, pipe, steel, etc., in accordance with those plans and specifications.
- Read and understand plans and specifications. Visualize two dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
- Follow established jobsite safety and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work area. Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
- Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, bend, assemble and erect all components necessary for lifting, moving and installing equipment, machinery, pipe, steel, etc. in accordance with the applicable plans, specifications codes and industry standards; guide rigged items into position using a tag line.
- Use oxyacetylene cutting and welding equipment for making adjustments and/or alterations as may be necessary for the installation of rigged items.
- Employee will be required to wear personal protective equipment as needed to perform job tasks.
- Employee is regularly exposed to noise, dust, varying types of smells
- Employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, must be able to properly use and handle toxic or caustic chemicals.
- DESIGNATED RIGGER RESPONSIBILITIES
A rigger may be given responsibility to be the designated rigger for a specific crane and/or piece of lifting equipment on the site. In that event, the following responsibilities are in addition to those outlined above:
- Additional duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Job Group