The Assistant Superintendent aids the project superintendent in overseeing the field operations. They are responsible for monitoring and enforcing the project’s safety program, ensuring that quality work is being performed, monitoring progress as directed by the project superintendent, aiding subcontractors and BLHI field employees with specific tasks, and enforcing the project schedule.
- Location City
- State or Region
- Must be able to manager employees and subcontractors.
- Must have experience in general contracting (concrete, steel erection, light gage metal framing, interior & exterior finishes, and MEPF systems).
- Must have thorough knowledge of OSHA's requirements for construction safety and have attended an OSHA 10 hour certification in the last five years.
- Must be able to read and decipher construction documents.
- Must be able to identify quality workmanship.
- Must be able to read and direct the project schedule.
- High school diploma.
- Ten years' industry experience OR two years must consist of managing people. OR a degree from a four or two year school with two years' experience as a foreman or assistant superintendent.
- Strong teamwork orientation.
- Positive attitude.
- Detail oriented.
Preferred Skills and Certifications
- Completed and OSHA 30-hour course in the last five years.
- Attained certifications for competent person training in the last five years.
- Received and Army Corps of Engineer Quality Control certificate.
- Provide references from past owners, architects, and subcontractors.
- Have a background in field engineering.
- Hold certifications from any commonly recognized organization such as the American Concrete Institute, International Code Council, or the National Center for Construction Education and Research.
- LOCAL HIRES ONLY. BLHI WILL NOT RELOCATE OR PAY TRAVEL ALLOWANCES.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary (commensurate with experience).
- Blue Cross Health & Dental group insurance benefits.
- Company-provided Life, AD&D, and Long-term Disability (LTD) benefits.
- Paid vacation & holidays.
- Relocation (if necessary).
- Monthly Living Allowance (if applicable).
- Job Group