B.L. Harbert International is currently seeking an HVAC Sheet Metal Worker for the Huntsville area.
General Summary of Duties: Responsible for installing heating, air conditioning, and grease duct work and associated equipment.
- Location City
- State or Region
- Select appropriate type of sheet metal, such galvanized iron, copper, steel, aluminum per project specifications and SMACNA standards.
- Field measure ductwork layout and produce sheet metal fitting sketches. Communicate field measurements with fabrication shop in a clear and concise manner.
- Coordinate ductwork with other trades to avoid collisions and rework.
- Cut into shapes to be used in heating and air conditioning ducts.
- Interpret blueprints to decide where ducts will go.
- Bend ducts to form shapes.
- Drill holes into ducts to bolt together.
- Weld, solder, or rivet ducts together.
- Smooth over rough edges with file.
- Install ready-made ducts.
- Install HVAC equipment and supportive framework.
- Inspect HVAC equipment and installation for conformance to specifications.
- Coordinate schedules.
- Analyze and resolve work problems.
- Must be able to operate in a team environment, assisting other trades as necessary.
- Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Education – High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)Preferred
- Experience – Minimum 3 years’ experience as sheet metal workers.
- Per diem pay will be provided for out of town work for qualified candidates.
- Job Group